Call for Stories on the Transformation of Education through Design is NOW open!
Do you have an interesting story about how design helped you address challenges and create new solutions for students and schools? For example, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused school closures worldwide and has now affected more than 1.5 billion students globally. Are there stories you would like to share about how you used design to reimagine education during and post-pandemic?
Tell us about how you and your school changed because of a design or innovation project. What about the COVID-19 virus pandemic? How has it affected your learning and what did you or your school do to adapt?
WHAT IS THE CALL FOR STORIES ABOUT?
This call is a lead up to the 2nd Design Education Summit, organised by the DesignSingapore Council, in partnership with the SUTD-MIT International Design Centre, SUTD. The Summit will be held in Singapore. We will announce the date of the event as soon as we can.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A great opportunity for educators to participate in the dialogue on Design Education and stimulate discussion for future directions.
- The stories can be submitted individually by an educator, or a student or by a team of educators and/or students. We leave it to you to decide.
- 5 best individuals’ stories will receive one complimentary pass each to attend the Design Education Summit.
- 5 best teams’ stories will receive two complimentary passes each to attend the Design Education Summit.
- Selected educators and students will be given an opportunity to be present their work at the Design Education Summit.
- Selected stories will be featured and highlighted across various media platforms.
WHAT AND HOW TO SUBMIT:
What to submit?
Each participant (an educator, a student or a team) can submit up to two stories:
- Mandatory: Story of maximum 500 words with up to five pictures with captions. (Format: doc/docx)
- Optional: Videos related to the story
Click below to find out more. Hurry and submit now as the closing date falls on 15 July 2020. We are looking forward to hearing your stories!